Weekly Macro Themes - 27 March 2020
Here's an overview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report (one of the key reports of our institutional research service). To receive a copy just click through to contact us or request a trial.
This week we covered the following topics/ideas:
1. Monthly Macroscope: The global data pulse is likely to get a lot worse even as fiscal/monetary policy place the economy on life support; meanwhile risk asset valuations have overshot to the downside.
2. GLIF: With oversold technicals and a substantial reset in absolute and relative valuations, Global Listed Infrastructure looks to be at a once-in-a-decade buying opportunity.
3. US REITs: Although faced with several important uncertainties, REIT valuations have improved significantly, technicals look oversold, and sentiment has moved to extreme pessimism.
4. Global ex-US vs USA: The valuation case for global ex-US equities has improved even further both on an absolute and relative to USA basis, and relative performance is overdue for a decadal turn.
5. Value vs Growth: Value vs growth makes (even more) sense on a medium-term timeframe, but short-term the macro headwinds are likely to cap upside.
To request a copy of the full report, subscribe, or take up a free trial, please fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights. Also part of the service is the monthly market cycle guidebook, weekly markets monitor, and quarterly slide deck.
Follow us on: