Here's a brief preview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report.
To read more and see the charts just get in touch! (see link below, or subscribe link above)
1. Global macro data pulse: We take a look at the latest data on manufacturing confidence, global trade activity, industrial production, and corporate earnings to form a view on the outlook for growth, inflation, and equities.
2. Why look at property prices: Global property prices provide important signals for the economic outlook and major asset classes, these graphs show why it is important to monitor and a couple of key trends underway right now.
3. Global M&A stats: Looking at the Datastream M&A activity series vs major equity benchmarks, historically spikes in activity appear driven by either "inspiration" or "desperation".
4. EM assets and allocations: EM ETF assets have surged but there's a case to be made in the charts that EM equities are under-developed, under-represented, and under-allocated.
5. AUDUSD - defying gravity: The Aussie is defying the gravity of policy rate differentials as the waves of reflation have lifted it from undervalued closer to neutral with increasingly crowded longs.
To request a copy, subscribe, or take up a free trial, please fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights.
Follow us on: