Weekly Macro Themes - 13 January 2017
Here's an overview of the topics and charts covered in the latest Weekly Macro Themes.
1. Global Growth Indicators: A quick check in on some of the key global growth indicators from the chart library; OECD composite leading indicators, global PMIs, and some interesting global trade indicators that all point to a very different experience in 2017 from 2015-16.
2. US Dollar Index Revisited: We revisit the key charts that lay out the future path of the US dollar index or DXY, and throw in a new chart which adds to the case.
3. Crude Oil - Tactical View: The short-term outlook is influenced by futures positioning, implied volatility, and seasonality - the charts show where to go.
4. Global Sovereign Bond Yields: This piece of analysis looks at the average manufacturing PMI expansion and extrapolates the current expansion with important implications for the bond yield outlook - likewise a look at trend lines for the key global bond markets highlights some important trigger points.
5. Global Equities - The Top Down View: We look at valuation, earnings, sentiment, and market breadth to determine whether global equities are in a bull market.
To request a copy, subscribe, or receive a free trial, please fill in the form here: http://institutional.topdowncharts.com/services