Weekly Macro Themes - 11 Aug 2017
Here's a brief preview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report.
To read more and see the charts just get in touch! (see link below, or subscribe link above)
1. DXY directions: The setup in DXY is superb, our indicators and charts show that it looks like a bull market correction, but if not there is a clear line in the sand which is helpful from a risk management perspective.
2. EM still emerging? Our valuation signals are supportive for emerging markets, likewise the monetary policy and cyclical economic backdrop look positive at this stage. But there is one chart to note from a timing or tactical allocation perspective...
3. Indian Equities - another reform shock: Another reform has been introduced that is likely to deliver short-term pain and long term gain. Overall the outlook is positive but there are a couple of issues to keep in mind.
4. US REIT realities: The charts show US REITs currently see support from relative value and rising commercial property prices, yet neither of these factors seem sustainable.
5. Korean Risk: Increasing NK risk noise is being used as an excuse for global markets to undertake an overdue correction, and cash is still king when it comes to risk management. Our charts show a couple of important data points on the risk pricing and risk probability front.
To request a copy, subscribe, or take up a free trial, please fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights. Also part of the service is the monthly Chartbook which contains the key charts and views across asset classes with a tactical/dynamic positioning model.
Follow us on: