Weekly Macro Themes - 8 Dec 2017
Here's a brief preview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report.
To read more and see the charts just get in touch! (see link below, or subscribe link above)
1. Global macro pulse: Overall the data remain consistent with a global economic upturn, with signs of a maturing cycle which should be inflation positive and negative bonds.
2. Economic Policy Uncertainty: The charts and indicators we watch show risk appetites seem to have decoupled from economic policy uncertainty, however this disconnect is unlikely to last as the global monetary policy tides begin to turn.
3. Out with the Gold: There are several key factors and graphs which inform the risk vs reward outlook for the gold price - a must see piece of research for those active in this market.
4. Australian Equities: Despite macro risks, Australian equities benefit from dual relative value, calm credit markets, and potentially too negative sentiment on the macro risks.
5. Commodities in Review: The mixed bearish short-term picture vs cautiously optimistic longer term signals for commodities as an asset class makes for a complex outlook - get a copy of the report to see what we think are the key charts and signals to be monitoring.
To request a copy, subscribe, or take up a trial, please fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights. Also part of the service is the monthly Chartbook which contains the key charts and views across asset classes with a tactical/dynamic positioning model.
Follow us on: