VIDEO: Top 5 Charts of the Week
In this video we run through the free weekly email newsletter "The Top 5 Charts of the Week" and add a bit of extra comments and context. It's a useful tour across some of our latest work and thinking and just a great selection of global macro/market charts.
This week we look at the following charts and themes:
1. Global equities vs Global consumer sentiment (and the gap vs the global PMI).
2. US cyclicals vs defensives (vs emerging markets) - a key leading indicator to the stockmarket correction.
3. European and US bank CDS pricing - European bank CDS are trending up, and this is a key risk to monitor.
4. USDCNY outlook - all the fundamentals point to the USDCNY heading to 7 or higher.
5. Risks to the US dollar and Asian/EMFX (if the USDCNY does break the barrier).
To receive the free weekly report in your inbox, simply sign up to the mail list.
Be sure to subscribe to the Topdown Charts YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtZDzcHrtCDpCWeVid1qSRQ
Follow us on: