VIDEO: Top 5 Charts of the Week
In this video we run through the free weekly email newsletter "The Top 5 Charts of the Week" and add a bit of extra comments and context. It's a useful tour across some of our latest work and thinking and just a great selection of global macro/market charts.
This week we look at the following charts and themes:
1. Global PMI vs Bond Yields - the composite manufacturing PMI is pointing to a possible move lower in bond yields.
2. Developed Market PMIs - gone from synchronized strength in 2017 to asynchronous apathy in 2018.
3. Global trade growth (EM vs DM) - EM growth is accelerating whereas DM growth is softening. #divergence
4. Global equities death cross - the main global equity benchmark (ACWI) has put in a death cross (bear market warning sign), and now 80% of countries have seen this signal triggered.
5. US Margin Debt warning sign - this risk management indicator is starting to light up, so caution is advised.
To receive the free weekly report in your inbox, simply sign up to the mail list.
Be sure to subscribe to the Topdown Charts YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtZDzcHrtCDpCWeVid1qSRQ
Follow us on: