VIDEO: Top 5 Charts of the Week
In this video we run through the free weekly email newsletter "The Top 5 Charts of the Week" and add a bit of extra comments and context. It's a useful tour across some of our latest work and thinking and just a great selection of global macro/market charts.
This week we look at the following charts and themes:
1. China vs USA manufacturing PMIs - China's economy is losing momentum, US is as strong as ever.
2. China policy uncertainty index - a spike in policy uncertainty reflects cyclical softening, political risks, structural challenges and perhaps the prospects of stimulus.
3. Global trade volumes - we saw a new high in global container throughput in October (first new high since Jan).
4. Asian FX index - rebounding for a third time of a critical support level, very important development for Asia & EM.
5. The reflation trade positioning indicator - big capitulation, and reflections on 2017 vs 2018.
To receive the free weekly report in your inbox, simply sign up to the mail list.
Be sure to subscribe to the Topdown Charts YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtZDzcHrtCDpCWeVid1qSRQ
Follow us on: