Weekly Macro Themes - 22 Feb 2019
Here's a brief preview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report. Also check out the 2018 End of Year Special Edition.
To read more and see the charts just get in touch.
1. Global Macro Pulse: The flash manufacturing PMIs were broadly weaker in February, this raises the odds of a softer turn by central banks and an implied push lower yields (by the charts).
2. Copper & Base Metals: We look at the moves in copper and base metals, and clarify some of the key drivers and the setup going forward.
3. China Property Update: Rising property prices present a puzzle for Chinese policymakers, but with softer numbers in January and a nascent stock market rally things could soon change…
4. Crude Oil Outlook: A bullish scenario based on a set of 4 key charts to watch for crude oil.
5. Expected Returns – Global Equities: We provide an aggregate view of capital market assumptions across US, MSCI World Ex-US, MSCI EM, and MSCI ACWI, with valuation and FX hedging adjustments.
To request a copy, subscribe, or take up a trial, please fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights. Also part of the service is the monthly Chartbook which contains the key charts and views across asset classes with a tactical/dynamic positioning model.
Follow us on: