Weekly Macro Themes - 1 Mar 2019
Here's a brief preview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report. Also be sure to check out the 2018 End of Year Special Edition to see some of our best charts and calls of last year and charts to watch for the year ahead.
This week we covered the following topics/ideas:
1. Global Data Trends: There’s a clear and plain to see slowdown underway, but as the charts suggest, it might not even matter...
2. Policy Pivot Progress: Signs are emerging of a global monetary policy pivot - we update our global monetary policy maps and indicators, with a couple of surprising signals.
3. Cyclicals vs Defensives: This was a big theme for us over the last 2 years, and after reviewing the situation in global equities, emerging markets, and in particular the US we find this to be an area worthy of ongoing and close attention.
4. US Value vs Growth: Persistently high(er) valuations across growth stocks tilt the odds in favour of value vs growth, but patience may still be required...
5. US Small Caps: A review of the key tactical charts for US small cap stocks.
To request a copy, subscribe, or take up a trial, please fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights. Also part of the service is the monthly Chartbook which contains the key charts and views across asset classes with a tactical/dynamic positioning model.
Follow us on: