In this video we run through the free weekly email newsletter "The Top 5 Charts of the Week" and add a bit of extra comments and context. It's a useful tour across some of our latest work and thinking and just a great selection of global macro/market charts.
This week we look at the following charts and themes:
1. China vs US PMIs - how closely are the world's 2 largest economies tied together?
2. EM vs DM PMIs - EM is outperforming DM, but what should we be watching out for?
3. Stocks vs bonds futures positioning - big turnaround from the extreme optimism on reflation.
4. Global institutional investor confidence - institutions have de-risked and aren't getting back in yet.
5. Latest results from my weekly Twitter survey - a very interesting and unique survey of sentiment/positioning.
See the original report and sign up to the mail list.
Be sure to subscribe to the Topdown Charts YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtZDzcHrtCDpCWeVid1qSRQ
Follow us on: