Here's an overview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report. Also be sure to check out the 2018 End of Year Special Edition to see some of our best calls of last year and charts to watch for the year ahead.
This week we covered the following topics/ideas:
1. OECD Leading Indicators: The OECD CLIs provide further evidence of an “emerging” recovery.
2. US Dollar Review: With a crunch in volatility, the US dollar looks poised to make a break (likely down).
3. Japan Equities: Japanese equities are “unloved” and undervalued with a policy wildcard.
4. REITs: Being arguably overbought, overvalued, and overexposed to macro risks; remain bearish.
5. Gold Price Outlook: For gold, the weight of the charts say “bearish until proven bullish”.
To request a copy of the report, subscribe, or take up a free trial, please fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights. Also part of the service is the monthly Chartbook which contains the key charts and views across asset classes with a tactical/dynamic positioning model.
Follow us on: