Here's an overview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report. Also be sure to check out the 2018 End of Year Special Edition to see some of our best calls of last year and charts to watch for the year ahead.
This week we covered the following topics/ideas:
1. US Dollar Break: Skeptical yet respectful of the US dollar breakout.
2. EURUSD in focus: Under the scenario I highlight, the Euro doesn’t seem like an obvious short.
3. Commodities & EMFX: With challenging technicals, commodities & EMFX are at risk short-term.
4. Sentiment Snapshot: The various sentiment indicators present a mixed picture, with a rebound in optimism yet some lingering skepticism on the outlook.
5. ERP Update: Although the US ERP is lower vs global peers, it shows valuations more neutral vs recent history (in contrast to absolute valuations, which suggest expensive).
To request a copy of the full report, subscribe, or take up a free trial, please fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights. Also part of the service is the monthly Chartbook which contains the key charts and views across asset classes with a tactical/dynamic positioning model.
Follow us on: