Here's an overview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report. Also be sure to check out the 2018 End of Year Special Edition to see some of our best calls of last year and charts to watch for the year ahead.
This week we covered the following topics/ideas:
1. Global Equities - Cycle: Global equities have been relatively resilient to the global growth scare, yet potential growth reacceleration, improved valuations, and major bottoming signals support the outlook.
2. EM Macro & Policy: With valuation and sentiment on the positive side, improving leading indicators, and a clear policy pivot, the outlook for EM (equities) remains decent.
3. Japan Equities: Japanese equities look favourable on valuations and sentiment.
4. Eurozone Equities: Positive on relative value and rebounding economic/earnings momentum.
5. UK Equities: UK equities are cheap (cheapest among major DM on an ERP basis), and still see considerable pessimism and light allocations (interesting for contrarians!).
To request a copy of the full report, subscribe, or take up a free trial, please fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights. Also part of the service is the monthly Chartbook which contains the key charts and views across asset classes with a tactical/dynamic positioning model.
Follow us on: