Weekly Macro Themes - 30 August 2019
Here's an overview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report. To receive a copy just click through to contact us or request a trial.
This week we covered the following topics/ideas:
1. Substantive Optimism: Several leading indicators are pointing to significant improvement for the global economy over the next 6-12 months.
2. US Housing Market: The drop in mortgage rates should provide a boost to the US housing market.
3. Sentiment Snippets: Sentiment, positioning, and flows show at best indecision towards risk assets, if not outright pessimism across retail and institutional investors.
4. EMFX (and Asian Currencies): Though faced with short term risks, the medium term outlook for EMFX looks good given improving macro factors and cheap valuations.
5. Commodities: Commodities are facing a key technical test just as a number of factors appear to be lining up for a bullish medium term view for the asset class.
To request a copy of the full report, subscribe, or take up a free trial, please fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights. Also part of the service is the monthly Chartbook which contains the key charts and views across asset classes with a tactical/dynamic positioning model.
Follow us on: