Weekly Macro Themes - 6 December 2019
Here's an overview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report. To receive a copy just click through to contact us or request a trial.
This week we covered the following topics/ideas:
1. Global PMI Pulse: The global manufacturing PMIs appear to be at a cyclical turning point, and it seems global equity markets are right on board with that assessment.
2. Leading Indicators Update: The leading indicators both at a global level and for developed and emerging economies all point to a growth rebound in going into 2020.
3. AEJ Equities: Bullish AEJ equities given supportive valuations, easier monetary policy, tentative improvement in the macro pulse and a nascent breakout in AEJ cyclicals vs defensives.
4. EM Ex-Asia [Initiating Coverage]: The charts show at times it can be very worthwhile to differentiate between EM Asia and EM ex-Asia, right now there is little clear reason to differentiate from a tactical standpoint.
5. AREITs [Initiating Coverage]: Bearish given unsustainably high absolute valuations, and interest rate risk.
To request a copy of the full report, subscribe, or take up a free trial, please fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights. Also part of the service is the monthly Chartbook which contains the key charts and views across asset classes with a tactical/dynamic positioning model.
Follow us on: