Weekly Macro Themes - 24 January 2020
Here's an overview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report. To receive a copy just click through to contact us or request a trial.
This week we covered the following topics/ideas:
1. Treasuries: Short-term we’re seeing a few tactical bullish signals for bonds, but the medium-term view remains bearish given the macro outlook and valuation picture.
2. REITs: Much like bonds, REITs are seeing short-term bullish tactical signals, but the medium-term view remains bearish given arguably increasing rate sensitivity on the upside.
3. Gold (+Miners & Silver): Much like bonds and REITs, gold has been looking better recently.
4. Commodities: Retain core medium-term bullish view on commodities as an asset class.
5. Global Equity Valuations: As pockets of expensive valuations show up (e.g. USA), global equity valuations have returned to long term average, and a couple of key indicators warrant close monitoring.
To request a copy of the full report, subscribe, or take up a free trial, please fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights. Also part of the service is the monthly Chartbook which contains the key charts and views across asset classes with a tactical/dynamic positioning model.
Follow us on: