Weekly Macro Themes - 17 April 2020
Here's an overview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report (one of the key reports of our institutional research service). To receive a copy just click through to contact us or request a trial.
This week we covered the following topics/ideas:
1. China Macro: Expect more stimulus (weak economy, softening inflation), a potential turnaround in housing, and upside risk to A-shares and iron ore (given where the technicals sit).
2. Aussie Macro: The risk of a double-dip housing downturn likely limits the upside for what is an otherwise bullish set of indicators for AUDUSD.
3. Australian Equities: Valuations and policy support look compelling for Australian equities, but there remains very real uncertainty on downside risks.
4. NZ Update: NZ equity valuations remain near record highs, and rank among the most expensive markets globally; meanwhile there remains question marks on economic downside risks.
5. Introducing the Ideas Inventory: Launching a new feature this week (collating/organizing live ideas).
To request a copy of the full report, subscribe, or take up a free trial, please fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights. Also part of the service is the monthly market cycle guidebook, weekly markets monitor, and quarterly slide deck.
Follow us on: