Weekly Macro Themes - 15 May 2020
Here's an overview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report (one of the key reports of our institutional research service) >> To receive a copy just click through to contact us or request a trial.
This week we covered the following topics/ideas:
1. China Macro Mix: The window is wide open for the PBOC to ease monetary policy more aggressively, but it has been opting for a more passive approach so far.
2. Global Banking Sector: Global banking stocks are looking oversold and extremely cheap.
3. US IPO Trends: The US IPO market ain’t what it used to be (particularly on a shorter-term timeframe, where at a typically bullish contrarian signal has started to show through).
4. Small Cap Equities: Small caps globally have had a tough run, particularly recently, but look well setup for future absolute and relative performance (particularly US).
5. US REITs: REITs have switched from bond proxy to covid proxy, and continue to face a few uncertainties, yet yield support, Fed easing, and extreme pessimistic sentiment help underpin the sector.
To request a copy of the full report, subscribe, or take up a free trial, please fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is part of our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights.
Also part of the service is the monthly market cycle guidebook, global cross asset market monitor, and quarterly strategy pack.
Follow us on: