Here's a brief overview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report (the flagship report of our institutional research service). I put this report out weekly late Friday NZ time and aim to cover a good mix of macro/ideas/risk management topics, across a global macro/multi-asset universe.
This week I covered the following topics/ideas:
1. The Big Ideas (Mega Theme): The so-called “Mega Theme” comprises several key big ideas which share similarities; a key one being that on many fronts a secular + cyclical turning point appears to be underway.
2. Global Equity Breadth: Some clear bullish medium-term signals are emerging in the market breadth indicators as the strength in global equities broadens out across countries.
3. Global ex-US vs US: Given the strategic outlook, significant and widespread valuation gap, and evidence in the tactical indicators, reiterate the bullish global ex-US vs US equities view.
4. Global Value vs Growth: The underperformance of value vs growth has been a global (and widespread) phenomenon, and we are now seeing emerging signs of a turning point in global value vs growth.
5. Global Small vs Large: Anticipate further upside for global small caps vs large caps (which have already clearly turned the corner, especially at a global/headline lev
>> Zoom Calls are scheduled to go through this report on Monday 3pm New York time and Tuesday 8am London time - get in touch for details to register.
To request a copy of the full report and charts, or to subscribe to our services, or to request a free trial for your firm, simply fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is part of our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights.
Also part of the service is the monthly market cycle guidebook, global cross asset market monitor, and quarterly strategy pack.
(or just follow us for now):