Weekly Macro Themes - 11 March 2022
Here's a brief overview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report. I send this report out late Friday NZ time and aim to cover a good mix of macro/ideas/risk topics, across a global macro/multi-asset universe.
This week I covered the following topics/ideas:
1. Global Equity Technicals: An assessment of the damage in global equities, with some of our favorite technical indicators and risk metrics.
2. Valuations & Monetary Policy: We compare and contrast the current macro/value backdrop vs that of March 2020, undertaking a very similar exercise as which we took in this weekly report back then, with some interesting conclusions!
3. EMFX: Review of EMFX (ex RUB!).
4. EM Fixed Income: Taking a closer look at this often overlooked asset class, drawing out insights on valuations, technicals, fundamentals, and timing considerations.
5. LatAm Equities: Review of the outlook for EM ex-Asia, and LatAm equities in particular - focusing on valuations, investor allocations, and FX valuations.
Request more information about our institutional research service for your firm, simply fill in the form here. (n.b. the full service is aimed at fund managers and institutional investors)
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is part of our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights.
Also part of the service is the monthly market cycle guidebook, global cross asset market monitor, and quarterly strategy pack.
(or just follow us for now):