Here's a brief overview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report. I send this report out late Friday NZ time and aim to cover a good mix of macro/ideas/risk management topics, across a global macro/multi-asset universe.
This week I covered the following topics/ideas:
1. Gold: We review the medium-term outlook for gold, as well as weighing the short-term picture given the shift in sentiment/flows/positioning and impending event-risk.
2. Silver: In second place is a review of silver, where the drivers are similar but different...
3. Copper: In third place is a review of the outlook for copper and industrial metals, where we look at the longer-term view as well as the short-term dynamics (which are quite mixed, and quite different from a year ago).
4. USD: A timely review of the outlook for the USD given developments in the short-term technical picture, and in the context of the longer term cycles and fundamentals.
5. NZ Equities: Finishing up with a look at our very own market (Topdown Charts is based in New Zealand!), we look at how the market got to where it is at this point, and the near-term risk outlook.
Request a free trial of the full service for your firm, simply fill in the form here.
(n.b. the full service is aimed at fund managers and institutional investors)
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is part of our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights.
Also part of the service is the monthly market cycle guidebook, global cross asset market monitor, and quarterly strategy pack.
(or just follow us for now):