Here's a brief overview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report. I send this report out late Friday NZ time and aim to cover a good mix of macro/ideas/risk management topics, across a global macro/multi-asset universe.
This week I covered the following topics/ideas:
1. Inflation: We look at the short-term vs medium-term picture for inflation and discuss the equally credible scenarios for sustained higher inflation vs deflation.
2. US Dollar: Sticking to our guns on the medium/longer-term view (given fundamentals and longer term technicals), we review the short-term outlook, and how it ties in.
3. Global vs US: We dig into what's driving the strength in US equities vs global ex-US; why are things on the move and what parts of the market are moving.
4. Value vs Growth: The value vs growth rotation seems to be stalling globally; we look at the global picture as well as honing in on the US value vs growth equities setup - including the short-term technicals and medium-term case.
5. UK Equities: A timely review of UK equities as the country moves out of lockdown rules and seeks to move forward into a post-Brexit, post-Covid world.
Request a free trial of the full service for your firm, simply fill in the form here.
(n.b. the full service is aimed at fund managers and institutional investors)
>> Zoom Calls are scheduled to go through this report on Monday 4pm New York time and Tuesday 10am London time - get in touch for details to register.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is part of our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights.
Also part of the service is the monthly market cycle guidebook, global cross asset market monitor, and quarterly strategy pack.
(or just follow us for now):