Here's a brief overview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report. I send this report out late Friday NZ time and aim to cover a good mix of macro/ideas/risk topics, across a global macro/multi-asset universe.
This week I covered the following topics/ideas:
1. Tech Wreck Check: The growth/TMT/”techy sector” excess-unwind remains a work in progress; we present an initial set of charts/indicators/conditions to help navigate through the tech bear market.
2. Global Equity Technicals: Our breadth indicators continue to present a picture of bearish momentum across countries, though we do note a couple of causes for optimism in the immediate term (which are standout charts amongst a sea of bearishness).
3. Monetary Markets: Documenting and charting how the ongoing global policy pivot to monetary tightening plays into the outlook for global equities.
4. China aye shares: Taking a closer look at Chinese equities (A-shares and MSCI China) as technicals turn up, valuations look cheap, policy trends supportive, and sentiment/macro dynamics align. Definitely a set of charts worth noting if you are interested in those markets.
5. NZ Equities: A deep dive into the risks, drivers, valuations, and background context to help understand the outlook for the New Zealand share market.
This is a preview of the main weekly report from our core institutional research service. To request more information about our research services for your firm, simply fill in the form here. (n.b. the full service is aimed at fund managers, advisers, and institutional investors)
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is part of our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights.
Also part of the service is the monthly market cycle guidebook, global cross asset market monitor, and quarterly strategy pack.
(or just follow us for now):