Here's a brief overview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report. I send this report out late Friday NZ time and aim to cover a good mix of macro/ideas/risk topics, across a global macro/multi-asset universe.
This week I covered the following topics/ideas:
1. Precious Metals: Gold and silver in review - significant shift in the technicals picture (also/especially flows/sentiment/positioning).
2. Gold Miners: Reviewing the outlook for gold miners given the technical picture for miners, miners vs the S&P500, the precious metals outlook, and valuations/positioning.
3. Defensive Value: A review of our "defensive value" basket (why it looks like an interesting strategic setup, and the attractive diversification benefits).
4. UK Equities: UK equities have bucked the trend YTD by rallying and outperforming peers, we review our previously outlined bullish stance.
5. US IPO/ListCo Stats: 2021 saw a near-unprecedented boom in IPOs, early signs are that this boom is turning to bust in 2022 as policy pivots, volatility rises, and speculative sentiment tapers off.
Request more information about our institutional research service for your firm, simply fill in the form here. (n.b. the full service is aimed at fund managers and institutional investors)
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is part of our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights.
Also part of the service is the monthly market cycle guidebook, global cross asset market monitor, and quarterly strategy pack.
(or just follow us for now):