Weekly Macro Themes - 18 March 2022
Here's a brief overview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report. I send this report out late Friday NZ time and aim to cover a good mix of macro/ideas/risk topics, across a global macro/multi-asset universe.
This week I covered the following topics/ideas:
1. Fed & Inflation: A check in on inflation and the Fed post lift-off, with the global context also brought in with regards to the inflation and policy outlook.
2. Commodities: Review of the key indicators, data, and themes that are directing the swaying risk vs return probabilities for commodity prices.
3. Energy Sector Equities: Now that energy stocks have finally started to perform, where do we see valuations, positioning, and fundamentals...
4. (Clean) Energy Equities: A look at renewables vs fossils relative performance, the rise of clean energy and ESG investing, and alternative energy capex trends.
5. Chinese Equities: Suddenly value stocks... a check in on Chinese equities, with a focus on technicals, valuation, and macro catalysts.
Request more information about our institutional research service for your firm, simply fill in the form here. (n.b. the full service is aimed at fund managers and institutional investors)
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is part of our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights.
Also part of the service is the monthly market cycle guidebook, global cross asset market monitor, and quarterly strategy pack.
(or just follow us for now):