Here's a brief overview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report. I send this report out late Friday NZ time and aim to cover a good mix of macro/ideas/risk topics, across a global macro/multi-asset universe.
This week I covered the following topics/ideas:
1. Growth Scare: Presenting a caution scenario on the 2022 growth outlook based on more than half a dozen different leading indicators.
2. China Macro: The PBOC is pivoting we document the charts, trends, and context that make this the obvious and sensible move, and what's next.
3. EM vs DM: How does the outlook for EM equities stack up now vs this time last year - and where we see the biggest risks and opportunities for the year ahead.
4. EMFX: An update on where we see the balance of risk/return for our 25-currency index, including a look at valuations, macro, and technicals.
5. EM Fixed Income: Review of EM sovereign bonds from the perspective of valuations (absolute and relative), longer-term expected returns, and tactical indicators.
Request a trial of our institutional research service for your firm, simply fill in the form here.
(n.b. the full service is aimed at fund managers and institutional investors)
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is part of our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights.
Also part of the service is the monthly market cycle guidebook, global cross asset market monitor, and quarterly strategy pack.
(or just follow us for now):