Here's a brief overview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report. I send this report out late Friday NZ time and aim to cover a good mix of macro/ideas/risk topics, across a global macro/multi-asset universe.
This week I covered the following topics/ideas:
1. Inflation: A review of the weight of risks given ongoing supply disruption issues, rising inflation expectations, tightening capacity, and sentiment effects (and a look at what might make it transitory... or otherwise!).
2. China Macro: Taking stock of the outlook for the Chinese property market, the implications for policy, and the subsequent near-term macro/risk outlook.
3. Industrial Metals: We look at what's going on in industrial metals in terms of short-term, medium-term drivers, and take a step back to look at the bigger long-term picture.
4. EM Risk Watch - Update: We take stock of a few early signs of improvement, but stop short of lifting the Risk Watch on emerging markets as a few tests still lie ahead.
5. Safe Haven FX: Changing the view on this one as the technicals change and the broader macro/risk outlook evolves.
Request a trial of our institutional research service for your firm, simply fill in the form here.
(n.b. the full service is aimed at fund managers and institutional investors)
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is part of our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights.
Also part of the service is the monthly market cycle guidebook, global cross asset market monitor, and quarterly strategy pack.
(or just follow us for now):