Here's a brief overview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report. I send this report out late Friday NZ time and aim to cover a good mix of macro/ideas/risk topics, across a global macro/multi-asset universe.
This week I covered the following topics/ideas:
1. China Macro: checking in on the Chinese property market, the impact on policy, and the interplay with the macro pulse and commodity price outlook.
2. Capex Outlook: great expectations on the capex outlook, we look through the key charts, themes, and typical cyclical patterns in business investment (+ why it matters).
3. Corporate Tax Rates: a look at the trends in global corporate tax rates, where to next, and why it matters for global equities.
4. European Equities: checking in on the valuation picture, sentiment, technicals, and the evolving macro/risk picture + EURUSD.
5. US Dollar: a review of the outlook for the US dollar in light of technicals, macro and policy developments (vs the larger features).
Request more information about our institutional research service for your firm, simply fill in the form here. (n.b. the full service is aimed at fund managers and institutional investors)
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is part of our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights.
Also part of the service is the monthly market cycle guidebook, global cross asset market monitor, and quarterly strategy pack.
(or just follow us for now):