Here's a brief overview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report. I send this report out late Friday NZ time and aim to cover a good mix of macro/ideas/risk management topics, across a global macro/multi-asset universe.
This week I covered the following topics/ideas:
1. Global PMI Pulse: We checkout a few key charts that help illuminate how the global economy and key macro trends are developing through July.
2. Bank Lending Standards: A couple of very important changes have happened across developed market bank credit departments - these charts show what has changed, and the immediate implications for macro & markets.
3. Banking Sector: We review the outlook for banking stocks given the developments highlighted in topic 2.
4. China Equities: We dig into the key drivers, charts, and indicators for Chinese equities (including China A vs offshore equities).
5. Emerging ex-China: As a logical follow-on, and a follow-up from last week (EM ex-Asia), we look specifically at Emerging Market equities exclusive of China - to do this we developed a set of analytical composite indexes, and the conclusions are intriguing.
Request a free trial of the full service for your firm, simply fill in the form here.
(n.b. the full service is aimed at fund managers and institutional investors)
>> Video Walkthroughs will be sent to clients on Monday (Head of Research, Callum Thomas, will talk through the report and expand on the charts/thinking).
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is part of our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights.
Also part of the service is the monthly market cycle guidebook, global cross asset market monitor, and quarterly strategy pack.
(or just follow us for now):