Here's a brief preview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report.
To read more and see the charts just get in touch! (see link below, or subscribe link above)
1. US Credit Growth: These charts show an impending rebound in credit growth in the US, which is an important dynamic given the labour market is running at full capacity.
2. The VIX, risk, and volatility: A look at some single factor VIX models points to a generally lower level of the VIX but then even by these metrics it looks low. We note how low volatility doesn't always mean low risk.
3. Volatility part 2 - a different view: Cross asset volatility is heading lower and cross-correlation of volatility across asset classes is heading higher. This is an important couple of charts for asset allocators.
4. Bond barrier backdown: A barrier to higher bond yields has backed down, while longer-term indicators appear to support the case for higher yields. Check out the charts to see what may come next.
5. Emerging market smackdown? EM risk pricing has relaxed on the back of a stable US dollar and more constructive growth dynamics. The charts show some proprietary indicators and how risk pricing may play out in emerging markets given the macroeconomic backdrop.
To request a copy, subscribe, or to take up a free trial, please fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights.
Follow us on: