Here's a brief preview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report.
To read more and see the charts just get in touch! (see link below, or subscribe link above)
1. New Zealand property market: The NZ housing market is overvalued, but with still substantial tailwinds the macro-prudential measures are likely to only set-off a temporary slowdown.
2. New Zealand share market: The charts and indicators show how strong tailwinds have pushed NZ share market valuations to very high levels, it will be difficult for the market to deliver against these increasingly optimistic expectations.
3. Global PMI wrap: The synchronized global upturn has transitioned to a more divergent growth regime with waning price pressures, yet a still positive activity outlook. The charts show the main indicators to monitor and where things are trending.
4. Signs of capitulation: Signs of upside capitulation are becoming more pervasive, which indicates we are moving into the final more euphoric stages of the equity bull market. Keep an eye on these charts.
5. Country expected returns (FX): Following on from last week we take a look at what happens when you factor in implied hedging premium/discounts into country expected returns.
To request a copy, subscribe, or to take up a free trial, please fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights.
Follow us on: