Here's an overview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report. Also be sure to check out the 2018 End of Year Special Edition to see some of our best calls of last year and charts to watch for the year ahead.
This week we covered the following topics/ideas:
1. PMI Pulse: The April PMIs brought mixed results and mixed signals, but with some silver linings.
2. Shipping Sector: Global shipping stocks are set up to benefit from potential near-term catalysts and early signs of improvement in global trade.
3. US Cyclicals vs Defensives: Given bearish macro divergences and extended valuations, US cyclicals – a key driver of the rebound – pose downside risks to equities.
4. Crude Oil: The sentiment, seasonality, and supply picture present downside risks for crude oil.
5. Gold Mining Stocks: Gold mining stocks are breaking down as the gold price picture remains bearish.
To request a copy of the full report, subscribe, or take up a free trial, please fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights. Also part of the service is the monthly Chartbook which contains the key charts and views across asset classes with a tactical/dynamic positioning model.
Follow us on: