Here's a brief preview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report.
To read more and see the charts just get in touch! (see link below, or subscribe link above)
1. Fed rate normalization well underway: The Fed basically pre-announced QT - read our take on the implications for bond markets in terms of the yields and volatility outlook.
2. Rate hikes and SPX - when is enough enough? Rate hikes are becoming a headwind to equities, and we show 3 specific ways of viewing how rates impact equities and what charts you should be paying attention to for Fed risks to the stock market.
3. China rates conundrum: China faces domestic and external pressure to hike interest rates. This is bad news for the cyclical/risk outlook in China over the next 6-18 months. Check out the key graphs and indicators we are talking to our clients about.
4. Crude oil quandary: The outlook for the crude oil price is complex and while we have a degree of conviction in the short-term view, the medium term view is clearer given the evolution of oil market fundamentals.
5. EM equities: The 'easy' gains in emerging markets have been had. Check out the reasons why we think EM can perform short-term but why it may not be wise to chase the returns without a good dynamic asset allocation strategy and analytical framework.
To request a copy, subscribe, or take up a free trial, please fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights.
Follow us on: