Weekly Macro Themes - 15 Sep 2017
Here's a brief preview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report.
To read more and see the charts just get in touch! (see link below, or subscribe link above)
1. Fed meeting preview: There is a good chance the Fed announces passive QT next week, and the charts show bond markets look vulnerable to such a likely bearish catalyst.
2. Gold in review: The lines in the sand are set for gold, the charts and indicators still point to a bearish bias over the medium term for gold - find out why.
3. Bitcoin bits: Here's 6 charts on Bitcoin that you probably haven't seen before - good context on the price action in Bitcoin and evolution of sentiment and exposure.
4. South African equities: South African equities have a number of positives going, yet high valuations are a tough hurdle where typically a valuation cushion would be preferred.
5. Chinese stocks: The stimulus driven re-rating of Chinese stocks means there is no longer a compelling valuation case; leaving a reliance on earnings growth to drive returns.
To request a copy, subscribe, or take up a trial, please fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights. Also part of the service is the monthly Chartbook which contains the key charts and views across asset classes with a tactical/dynamic positioning model.
Follow us on: