Here's a brief preview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report.
To read more and see the charts just get in touch! (see link below, or subscribe link above)
1. The CMI: We review this often overlooked indicator and why it is so critical for adding perspective on economic cycles, credit conditions, and timing decisions around key asset classes.
2. US IPO Market: IPO statistics can provide useful market timing signals, and at present IPO filings and withdrawal activity are consistent with a maturing bull market.
3. Global M&A and more: The recent trends in global M&A activity are surprising and on the face of it seem at odds with some major macro themes and out of sync with the stock market cycle.
4. SCANNZ: The SCANNZ economies have significantly overvalued property markets and will be at risk should the global theme of low rates and easy monetary policy come full circle at pace.
5. NZ Equities: In addition to belonging to the SCANNZ club, New Zealand has an increasingly overvalued share market which faces greater political risk and easing economic tailwinds.
To request a copy, subscribe, or take up a trial, please fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights. Also part of the service is the monthly Chartbook which contains the key charts and views across asset classes with a tactical/dynamic positioning model.
Follow us on: