Here's an overview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report. Also be sure to check out the 2018 End of Year Special Edition to see some of our best calls of last year and charts to watch for the year ahead.
This week we covered the following topics/ideas:
1. Inflation Expectations: The drop in inflation expectations (new composite indicators) arguably justifies a more dovish Fed and possibly yet lower US treasury bond yields.
2. US Treasuries: The push lower in bond yields may run further, but arguably it will be a rally to sell.
3. Risk-Watch - EMFX: EMFX on watch short term as possible re-test of the 2018-lows comes into play.
4. Frontier Market Equities: After a 25% correction FM equities appear arguably somewhat cheap and with an interesting technical setup (breadth and relative performance).
5. Market Seasonality Maps: There has been a seasonal tailwind for US equities through the rebound, this tailwind will fade in the next couple of months. We also show seasonal maps for other major assets.
To request a copy of the report, subscribe, or take up a trial, please fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights. Also part of the service is the monthly Chartbook which contains the key charts and views across asset classes with a tactical/dynamic positioning model.
Follow us on: