Here's an overview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report. Also be sure to check out the 2018 End of Year Special Edition to see some of our best calls of last year and charts to watch for the year ahead.
This week we covered the following topics/ideas:
1. PMI Pulse: Outside of a major recession, the PMI picture is about as bad as it gets.
2. Policy Pivot Progress: The global monetary policy pivot is well underway.
3. Treasuries Tactics: Though government bonds look overbought and overvalued, the weak macro pulse is arguably saying that yields are justifiably lower.
4. EMFX & USD: The US dollar index is showing further signs of weakness, while Asian & EMFX are showing signs of strength, which is good for EM risk assets.
5. Cyclicals vs Defensives: There are some concerning divergences in US + Global cyclicals vs defensives.
To request a copy of the full report, subscribe, or take up a free trial, please fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights. Also part of the service is the monthly Chartbook which contains the key charts and views across asset classes with a tactical/dynamic positioning model.
Follow us on: