Weekly Macro Themes - 11 October 2019
Here's an overview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report. To receive a copy just click through to contact us or request a trial.
This week we covered the following topics/ideas:
1. Global Manufacturing Recession: The backward looking/hard data show a picture of a global manufacturing recession, this puts the mediocre global equities performance into perspective.
2. Leading Indicators Update: (however) Our leading indicators point to a rebound in the global economy heading into 2020, quite possibly led by emerging markets.
3. EM Equities – Value: Valuations are generally on the cheap side for emerging market equities.
4. EM Equities – Macro/Sentiment: Easier monetary conditions, light allocations, and bullish contrarian indicators support the case for EM equities from a timing standpoint.
5. EMFX: Valuations, technicals, and the macro outlook are turning positive for EMFX (and this directly/indirectly helps the case for EM equities).
To request a copy of the full report, subscribe, or take up a free trial, please fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights. Also part of the service is the monthly Chartbook which contains the key charts and views across asset classes with a tactical/dynamic positioning model.
Follow us on: