Here's a brief preview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report.
To read more and see the charts just get in touch! (see link below, or subscribe link above)
1. China 2018: While Xi is talking 2035 and 2050 there's a few tailwinds for China's economy that look set to turn and possibly become headwinds in 2018 - see the key charts and indicators to watch.
2. China next 6 months: Notwithstanding the previous topic, the current cyclical picture for China is good and there remains short-medium-term upside risk to inflation by our charts.
3. China FX view: Despite some capitulation and complacency Renminbi devaluation risk remains relevant.
4. S&P500 Correlations: The implied correlation index provides some insight into short-term market peaks and troughs. Take a look at the signal it is giving and the longer term picture of correlations.
5. S&P500 Sectors: The increasing lopsidedness of sector representation in the S&P500 goes to show the potential risk and opportunity cost for market cap driven investors (i.e. passive/index).
To request a copy, subscribe, or take up a trial, please fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights. Also part of the service is the monthly Chartbook which contains the key charts and views across asset classes with a tactical/dynamic positioning model.
Follow us on: