Here's an overview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report. To receive a copy just click through to contact us or request a trial.
This week we covered the following topics/ideas:
1. China Property and Policy: Slowing property price growth will give the PBOC more latitude to cut rates.
2. China Property and Markets: Softer property price growth could produce a counter-intuitive boost for China A-shares (and as a side note, presents downside risk for iron ore prices).
3. Policy Pivot Progress: Globally central banks are rapidly unwinding previous tightening, and renewed easing (particularly in EM) should help underpin the global growth outlook in 2020.
4. Global Equity Rotation: We could be on the cusp of a major rotation within global equities, centred on a particular group of “out-of-favourables”.
5. US Value vs Growth: Given extremes in relative value, the recent rebound in value stocks could well be a shot across the bows for some long-awaited rotation/mean-reversion.
To request a copy of the full report, subscribe, or take up a free trial, please fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights. Also part of the service is the monthly Chartbook which contains the key charts and views across asset classes with a tactical/dynamic positioning model.
Follow us on: