Weekly Macro Themes - 1 June 2018
Here's a brief preview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report.
To read more and see the charts just get in touch! (see link below, or subscribe link above)
1. US Macro: The US economy still looks strong, with tight capacity and rising inflationary pressure, and hence headwinds for treasuries and tailwinds for the US dollar as the Fed presses on with tightening.
2. Global Equities: We are seeing extreme relative performance in global cyclicals vs defensives, growth vs value, and momentum, and the cyclicals vs defensives aspect is particularly worth highlighting.
3. Japan: We look at how the economic landscape is changing in Japan, and the implications of this for Japanese asset pricing.
4. China A Shares: The MSCI inclusion introduces a structural flows tailwind for China A shares, which adds to the case of improved valuations, however the short-term earnings/macro pulse is uncertain.
5. Europe: Our charts show a number of existing trends and patterns across European macro, risk, and valuation indicators and alter our view on Eurozone equities.
To request a copy, subscribe, or take up a trial, please fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights. Also part of the service is the monthly Chartbook which contains the key charts and views across asset classes with a tactical/dynamic positioning model.
Follow us on: