Here's an overview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report. Also be sure to check out the 2018 End of Year Special Edition to see some of our best calls of last year and charts to watch for the year ahead.
This week we covered the following topics/ideas:
1. Why Pivot?: Asymmetrical risk makes pivoting to easing the path of least regret for central bankers.
2. Cycle Watch: With the global policy pivot well underway there are already some promising signs coming through in the cycle indicators.
3. US Small Caps: Having been left behind, US small caps look good from a contrarian standpoint.
4. MLPs: With cheap valuations, improving breadth, and recovering oil prices, the MLP sector could be close to a major breakout.
5. Energy Stocks: Energy sector valuations are lower than ever, and a positive short-term outlook for crude oil prices helps the case.
To request a copy of the full report, subscribe, or take up a free trial, please fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights. Also part of the service is the monthly Chartbook which contains the key charts and views across asset classes with a tactical/dynamic positioning model.
Follow us on: