Weekly Macro Themes - 2 August 2019
Here's an overview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report. To receive a copy just click through to contact us or request a trial.
This week we covered the following topics/ideas:
1. Global Policy Pivot: Central banks are shifting to a pro-growth stance, which should be bullish equities.
2. PMI Pulse: The July PMIs showed Europe weakening further, EM relatively resilient, and US stable.
3. AEJ Equities: As short-term risk indicators outweigh the positives here, move back to neutral.
4. US HY Credit: It’s going to be hard for junk bonds to repeat their YTD performance, particularly as a couple of risk indicators light up.
5. Australian Equities: RBA rate cuts and yield support have helped push Australian equities to a new all time high, and with a solid ERP, could push higher yet.
To request a copy of the full report, subscribe, or take up a free trial, please fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights. Also part of the service is the monthly Chartbook which contains the key charts and views across asset classes with a tactical/dynamic positioning model.
Follow us on: