Weekly Macro Themes - 31 January 2020
Here's an overview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report. To receive a copy just click through to contact us or request a trial.
This week we covered the following topics/ideas:
1. Monetary Policy Monitor: The global policy pivot (to easing) is continuing into 2020.
2. China PMI (and Copper): The January PMI results were decent, but the coronavirus outbreak has driven a bout of panic selling in copper and industrial metals.
3. US Housing: There are clear signs of strength in the US housing market.
4. Crude Oil: WTI is trading back down at a key support level and aside from a supportive supply/demand outlook, a number of tactical signals have switched bullish.
5. TIPS: The macro outlook, inflation upside risk scenario, and valuation picture support the medium-term bullish view on the breakevens component of TIPS.
To request a copy of the full report, subscribe, or take up a free trial, please fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights. Also part of the service is the monthly Chartbook which contains the key charts and views across asset classes with a tactical/dynamic positioning model.
Follow us on: