Here's a brief preview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report.
To read more and see the charts just get in touch! (see link below, or subscribe link above)
1. Inflation Outlook: We review a set of charts which show a rapidly evolving inflation outlook for developed economies, particularly in the USA, and look at how the market may not be on top of this.
2. US Dollar Index: We continue to focus on the contrarian setup in the DXY, the case looks to be growing more compelling, yet it remains an unconventional idea.
3. Copper: Our charts helped picked the rebound in copper in 2016, but now they are telling us something entirely different (valuation, intermarkets, positioning, China macro, and more).
4. China On/Offshore: A number of indicators show an evolving valuation picture, with China A shares trading at a discount to offshore, but it’s not a repeat of 2014.
5. Eurozone Valuations: In part 1 of a series that will be continued next week, we explore the valuation picture for European equities, with a particular focus on relative value.
To request a copy, subscribe, or take up a trial, please fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights. Also part of the service is the monthly Chartbook which contains the key charts and views across asset classes with a tactical/dynamic positioning model.
Follow us on: